Re: Re:

From: John W Burgeson <jwburgeson@juno.com>
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 10:59:53 EDT

George wrote: "If preachers & teachers never give enough attention to it
to show what's wrong with it, a lot of people will be easy prey for such
innovations. They're asked by their friends, "Hasn't your pastor ever
told you about the rapture. (I.e., the pre-trib rapture - a crucial
distinction.) Well, no - because there is no such thing. But the pastor
hasn't bothered to tell them that either.So the friend will go on to
"explain" the rapture, get them to read one of the LB books or see one of
the wretched movies, & they may be taken in."

I have a friend here in Durango who was recently, at the age of 40 or so,
suddenly converted. He speaks eagerly of his faith, being born again, and
it is a delight to converse with him, for his Christian enthusiasm is
contagious.

Alas, he has "found" the LB series and is enthralled by them. And, I
fear, YECism is on the horizon.

I do what I can. But George is "right on" in his observations.

Burgy

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

 www.burgy.50megs.com

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!