Re: "Design up to Scratch?" (The Wit and Wisdom of Michael Roberts)

From: Josh Bembenek (jbembe@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 12:10:15 EDT

    George-

    Yes C12 is designed, yes physical processes may indeed be capable of
    producing it. No this doesn't mean that information in biological systems,
    by analogy, are also derived by physical processes instead of intelligent
    causation. My hesitation comes when folks answer questions about derivation
    of biological systems with examples from fundemental physics. There is no
    reason to suppose that we can extrapolate. Again, chromosomes are being
    ignored and we're discussing fundamental particles of the universe.

    Josh