RE: fine tuning

From: Debbie Mann (deborahjmann@insightbb.com)
Date: Sun Apr 13 2003 - 09:52:52 EDT

    Re: fine tuningBut Faith is the Heart of Christianity. I agree that
    bull-headed Christians have thrown enormous obstacles into the paths of
    Scientists who might otherwise have believed. I can't count the number of
    people I have met who were just too angry or disgusted with ignorance having
    been thrust upon them to believe. Establishing the fact that our faith IS
    strong enough to accept all comers without our blood pressure rising is one
    of the best witnesses I can think of in this arena. At one time I rejected
    many scientific concepts because they were against what I was taught - and
    then, Enlightenment! I KNOW there is God. There is nothing anyone or
    anything can do to change the fact that I know. Science is not going to
    challenge the existence of my house or of me for that matter. Robert Shapiro
    challenges the fact that I exist. Do I cease to exist? No! Do I learn from
    his arguments? Undoubtably. If we as Scientistific Christians can make the
    question of Christ an attractive one, perhaps other scientist will open
    their minds and hearts to the possibility. But, then, conversion has to be
    by faith. Even when there has been seemingly incontravertable proof, history
    has taught that only God himself convinces.