Re: A Bit of Christmas Levity

From: Michael Roberts (michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: Fri Dec 27 2002 - 17:42:27 EST

    I have recently re-read ELM's The secularisation of Chritianity written in
    response to Honest to God in 1965. It is equally valid for extreme liberal
    theollgy today. A wonderful read.
    I must read my copy of his Christian Tehology and Natural Science.

    I think Bultmann conned us over the 3 decker universe, as I am sure that
    Paull and Luke definitely did not accept and were typical greeks accepting a
    spherical earth etc. I am not sure about other writers of the NT.

    Anyway I think we can dismiss Bultmann's theolgy as he most problably did
    not accept Plate Tectonics as thsi came in about the time he died!

    Michael