Re: Evolution wars

From: John Burgeson (burgythree@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 26 2002 - 12:17:27 EST

    Jim asked of Jan: "What is your theological stance on how
    sin is transmitted through the generations? "

    PMFJI -- I think C. S. Lewis addressed that question -- or at least that
    kind of question -- in one of his books. In brief, he argued that one may
    have all kinds of theological theories and models of how sin appears and how
    Jesus took care of them for us. All of these are just theories; unlike
    scientific theories there does not seem to be any Ocham's razor principle to
    pick among them, so all survive. Lewis goes on, however, to argue that the
    FACT of sin and the FACT of the cross are what is really important. The
    retarded adults friend wife and I sometimes teach understand those two facts
    well -- they do not worry about theories of sin-inheiritance or theories of
    how the atonment actually happened -- these are beyond their mental
    capacities.

    Sometimes I think they are also beyond my own mental capacity, and that's
    OK. "Except you become as little children ... ." I think that statement may
    apply.

    John W. Burgeson (Burgy)
    www.burgy.50megs.com

    http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_smartspamprotection_3mf