Re: Does the Bible teach a flat earth?

From: RFaussette@aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 22 2002 - 09:40:27 EST

    In a message dated 12/21/02 1:10:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
    jeisele@starpower.net writes:

    > God is supposed to be convicting non-Christians of sin, but because of the
    > falsehoods (I am simply tired of Christians explaining
    > inaccuracies as "figurative speech) they are turning their backs.
    >
    > If Christianity is to survive, it is going to have to accept the Bible as a
    > human document. I don't know how successful Christians will be
    > with that approach, but its the only hope that they have.

    What if the figurative speech has been misinterpreted? What if the allegories
    in the figurative speech are perfect? What if there is a hidden understanding
    in the Bible and it proves to be scientfically accurate and makes Biblical
    moral law applicable? Then perhaps Christianity must survive because it is
    the salvation of the world.

    As for convicting non-Christians of sin: the story of Adam and Eve
    necessarily includes all men with reflective consciousness and portrays for
    all of humanity a very real ontology whether they are 'believing' humanity or
    not.
    rich