RE: Noah not in the Black Sea

From: John Burgeson (burgythree@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 17:31:05 EST

    Glenn wrote: "I sent the e-mail
    identifying myself as manager of geophysics for an oil compnay. That
    usually gets me a response from the academic community. Neither author
    responded to the e-mail. My freind was surprised. Now, clearly they are not
    required to dance to my tune and answer any old e-mail I send, but the fact
    that they didn't respond to a rather serious challenge to their view from a
    member of the geoscience community on a technical topic says something."

    I fully agree. The lack of response (continuously) from any source gives
    them minus marks rather quickly in my book.

    I might note that on the rare occasion (perhaps three or four times in the
    past year) I have directed a question to the ID folks, either Johnson or
    Dembski, I have ALWAYS gotten a very prompt response.

    I intend to tackle Dembski's INTELLIGENT DESIGN over the holidays. I am also
    honored by one ASA member to edit and critique his proposed book which
    disagrees with the ID concept.

    Cheers

    John W. Burgeson (Burgy)
    www.burgy.50megs.com