RE: Noah not in the Black Sea

From: Glenn Morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Sat Dec 14 2002 - 15:25:27 EST

    I have pointed this out before but some weren't here to see it. Even the
    'catastrophic' rate of infill isn't very catastrophic.

    (Ryan et al, Marine Geology 138:119-126). The water rose 400 feet in a year.
    Given the slope of the southern Black sea bed, it means that the people had
    before you would have to swim. There are no mountains being covered, and
    the
    shoreline was not out of sight--ever. I would have thought that such a Black
    Sea
    infilling would have been labeled the long march rather than the great
    flood.

    The slope of the Black Sea bed is such that 400 feet in a year means that
    people have to move about 3 houses down the block each day for a year. That
    is hardly the stuff of legend.

    personal stories of struggle