Re: God's Justice (was Re: George's reply to Howard)

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Sat Dec 07 2002 - 12:22:00 EST

    Terry, far be it from me to question your orthodoxy. But we both
    know that the position of the church changes over time. It has
    changed radically in scientific matters. And it has changed a
    lot in theological matters. Do you badger your wife to wear a
    veil to church? Do Christians still live in isolated communities?
    And then there's something about it being good for fathers to
    withhold marriage from their daughters (the NIV was so embarrassed
    by this, it changed the meaning of the passage in the translation).

    Speaking human to human, it disturbs me to see a class of people
    become hard-hearted self-flagellators. I haven't taken a survey,
    but I think many Christians would reject such a notion.

    Jim