Re: George's reply to Howard

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Sat Dec 07 2002 - 04:02:37 EST

    Terry writes

    >Well, to honest about the character of God involves recognizing that
    >He is holy and we are not (and thus justly deserving of His wrath)
    >and that he is free to execute His righteous judgment when and where
    >He choses. Those who escape this wrath, do so by His mercy, which He
    >is free to bestow on whomever He choses for whatever purpose He may
    >have. As has been put by others much more eloquent than I, the
    >mystery is not why God judges sinners, but why God is merciful toward
    >any.

    Terry, you've left the science out of your religion. That leaves you
    with dogma. Not very attractive. Science says human suffering is a
    result of imperfect evolution. You say that "God made us to suffer"
    (unless you've changed your stance to believe in a literal Adam, Eve,
    the garden and talking snake). I assume that you consider yourself
    an ethical person. How do you justify promoting this hateful,
    judgmental God? Note: you can't say "because the Bible says so"
    because you believe in evolution and the Bible clearly does not.

    Jim