Re: George's reply to Howard

From: Terry M. Gray (grayt@lamar.colostate.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 07 2002 - 01:37:29 EST

    Burgy,

    Here we go again, I guess.

    Well, to honest about the character of God involves recognizing that
    He is holy and we are not (and thus justly deserving of His wrath)
    and that he is free to execute His righteous judgment when and where
    He choses. Those who escape this wrath, do so by His mercy, which He
    is free to bestow on whomever He choses for whatever purpose He may
    have. As has been put by others much more eloquent than I, the
    mystery is not why God judges sinners, but why God is merciful toward
    any.

    God's judgment upon the Amelekites was perfectly just--their cup was full.

    Why is this so hard?!?

    TG

    --
    Fort Collins, Colorado  80523