Re: Is Jonah to be taken literally?

From: John W Burgeson (burgytwo@juno.com)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 13:34:30 EDT

    >>I don't want to be preachy, but neither do I want the lesson in Jonah
    to be lost in the theological discussion, good and important as that
    discussion may be.>>

    Good point, Bob. I agree. That is why I don't think the literalist issue
    is, ultimately, of great significance.
    But if one insists that "literal" is the only option, I think he has a
    real chance of turning some young person who thinks he thinks away from
    the faith. It's like the YEC thing -- just another arena.

    John Burgeson (Burgy)

    http://www.burgy.50megs.com
           (science/theology, quantum mechanics, baseball, ethics,
            humor, cars, God's intervention into natural causation, etc.)