Re: Sunday observance (was Homosexuality (a condition) and homosexual activities)

From: george murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 20:38:52 EDT

    "Vandergraaf, Chuck" wrote:

    > As an aside, it is also interesting that we seem to crave rules and this is
    > especially apparent in denominations like Anglican, Lutheran, Catholic and
    > Greek Orthodox that rely on, what a Calvinist would call, "choreography"
    > with candles that need to be lit at a specific time, "bells and smells,"
    > etc.

            Just a comment on the inclusion of Lutherans. It's true that some (& I
    include myself among them) are "high church" but that is not because worship
    must be done that way. As a matter of evangelical freedom, Lutheran worship can
    be as "high" or "low" church as the congregation & pastor like as long as the
    gospel is preached & the sacraments are administered in accord with the gospel.
    This is in contrast to Christians who think that they must have particular
    smells & bells and to those who think that they can't have them.

    Shalom,

    George

    George L. Murphy
    http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/