Re: Who was bothered by Copernicus?

From: Joel Peter Anderson (joela@nts.umn.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 15:27:53 EDT

    I'm in the process of reading _Galileo's_Daughter_, which is an excellent
    book that tells the story of Galileo using the letters to him from his
    daughter, Suor Marie Celeste. It does a terrific job of setting the
    context for Galileo's troubles, but also the problems faced by proponent's
    of the Copernican hypothesis. I recommend it. I'd also recommend Guy
    Consolmagno's book, Brother Astronomer which discusses Galileo and the
    Church. (Consolmagno is a Brother Astronomer with the Vatican
    Observatory).

     joel anderson * joela@nts.umn.edu 612-625-7389