Re: WHY 15-BILLION YEARS = 6000 YEARS

From: George Hammond (ghammond@mediaone.net)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 13:49:28 EDT

    John W Burgeson wrote:

    > Hammond wrote: "However, recently (50 years ago) science
    > discovered something called the SECULAR TREND in human growth. They
    > discovered that each succeeding generation is more fully grown than
    > the last, and that this has been going on for thousands and thousands
    > of years... forever in fact. "
    >
    > Could you give a citation on this? For the word "science" in the first
    > sentence, who?
    >
    > John Burgeson (Burgy)

    [Hammond]
    Sorry, I just noticed your post on my computer from 9 days ago.
      A Google search of "Growth Secular Trend" will turn up
    scores of papers and summaries. However, it has recently made
    the front cover of TIME MAGAZINE:

    http://economics.sbs.ohio-state.edu/rsteckel/Articles/time.htm
                    (Time Magazine Article, Oct 1996)

    Incidentally it is such a standard science topic that you can find an
    article on it in a 20 year old Encyclopedia Britannica or any equivalent
    library source.
      Although the above article discusses only height, obviously it is
    a general overall extension of the human growth curve, e.g. an
    ever increasing advance of the phenotype towards the genotype..
    which I guess is pretty much a biological definition of Pilgrim's
    Progress.

    --
    Be sure to visit my website below, and please ask your
    news service provider to add  alt.sci.proof-of-god