Another Virus!

From: Dick Fischer (dickfischer@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Jul 28 2001 - 02:02:55 EDT

    Another virus you can read about at:

    http://www.mcafee.com/anti-virus/viruses/sircam/default.asp

    W32/SirCam@MM

    This is a HIGH RISK virus that is spread to email recipients found in the
    Windows Address Book and addresses found in cached files. The infected
    email can come from addresses that you recognize. Attached is a file with
    two different extensions. The file name itself varies.
    The email message can appear as follows: Subject: [filename (random)]
    Body:Hi! How are you?
    I send you this file in order to have your advice or I hope you can help me
    with this file that I send or I hope you like the file that I sendo you or
    This is the file with the information that you ask for See you later. Thanks
    PAYLOAD - What can this virus do? When run, the document will be saved to
    the C:\RECYCLED folder and then opened while the virus copies itself to
    C:\RECYCLED\SirC32.exe folder to conceal its presence and creates a
    registry key value to load itself whenever .EXE files are executed.
    The virus searches for .GIF, .JPG, .JPEG, .MPEG, .MOV, .MPG, .PDF, .PNG,
    .PS, and .ZIP files in the MY DOCUMENTS folder and attempts to send copies
    of these documents to email recipients found in the Windows Address Book
    and addresses found in cached files.