Re: On Pi and E

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. (dfsiemensjr@juno.com)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 13:14:32 EDT

    Peter,
    I have a question about the values used for the Greek letters in your
    computation. 6 was apparently once the archaic digamma, which looked like
    F, but final sigma took its place. 90 was qoph and 900 a letter that
    looked like an inverted psi. The latter two have no place in the New
    Testament text, but using 6 or 200 makes a large difference. All six
    sigmas in John 1:1 are final.
    Dave