RE: Neanderthals, water, & human evolution

From: Glenn Morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 17:19:17 EST

I read the New Scientist article on the plane to London this week. I was
surprised that Philip Tobias was an advocate of the aquatic ape theory
(AA). He is a heavy weight in the field and one not to be ignored or called
a nut. Learning that he is now advocating this theory, I must admit, gave me
pause to consider my own ignoring of the AA view.. As to whether there was
an aquatic ape theory, I don't know. I do know that there is an awful lot of
emotions directed at that view--emotions that could be better spent in other
ways. Given enough time, the data will point us one way or the other.

glenn

see http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm
personal stories of struggle