Re: flouride

From: Brent Foster (bdfoster@discocow.com)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 12:34:42 EST

    I've never heard of flouride halos. They're probably referring to Po halos which have been found in the mineral flourite, as well as biotite. There's lot's of info on the net on both sides of the argument. Just search for Po halos or Polonium halos.

    Brent

    --- Wayne Shelton <wdshel@uswest.net>
    > wrote:
    >Will someone please explain the fluoride halos appearing in
    >granite. They were discussed as an evidence that the earth
    >was formed in one hour on a program just airing on the
    >Trinity Network. It seems to me that the evidence might be
    >true for that particular rock perhaps, but the earth?
    >(From an entomologist , not a geologist)
    >Wayne Shelton

    ==
    Brent Foster
    bdfoster@earthlink.net (primary address)
    bdfoster@discocow.com
    bfoster@consrv.ca.gov

    “Math was always my bad subject. I couldn't convince my teachers that many of my answers were meant ironically." -- writer Calvin Trillin

    Get Jokes, Cartoons, and a Free Email @ ---> http://www.discocow.com/email