James Kennedy's Zodiac book

From: Sweitzer (sweitzer@bee.net)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 06:12:22 EST

    I have been lent a copy of James Kennedy's book, The Real Meaning of the
    Zodiac. Can anyone comment or point me to websites regarding the accuracy
    of this book?

    For those who haven't heard of it, Kennedy goes through the constellations
    of the sky (not just the zodiac) and puts a Christian interpretation on all
    of them. So he seems to be trying to substitute prophetic stories in the
    sky for the ancient mythologies about the constellations, claiming that the
    latter are demonic corruptions of the original God given stories.

    As fiction or metaphor, I have no problem with it, but the claim of
    unearthing old truths seems far fetched (James Kennedy has not struck me as
    having much scientific or archeological savvy). Before I drag out Burnham's
    Celestial Handbook, I was wondering if anyone else on the list server has
    any comments, or better yet, can point me to a website?

    Grace & Peace,

    Dennis Sweitzer