Re: Adam never met Eve

From: george murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 17:18:41 EST

    glenn morton wrote:

    > First, as we have discussed, I don't believe, as George ascribes to me, that
    > statements of goodness, truth, beauty etc can be objectively verified. Thus
    > any part of the scripture talking about such items are outside the realm of
    > verification.

            I didn't intend to continue with this but since I am cited here I should
    correct this misunderstanding. I have not ascribed this view to you. My point
    has been similar to Howard's:
    While the Christian message is indeed tied to history, its crucial theological
    interpretations of historical events which give those events their distinctive
    interest and value are not subject to verification by methods of historical
    research. I am sorry that I didn't make this clearer.

    Shalom,

    George