Essay on "Evolution and Immorality"

From: SteamDoc@aol.com
Date: Sat Nov 04 2000 - 14:04:07 EST

    I recently finished an essay which some of you might find interesting. It
    was inspired by an incident (discussed a bit on this forum) during the
    Capitol Hill visit of some Intelligent Design advocates a few months ago.
    Nancy Pearcey continued the anti-evolutionist tradition of connecting
    evolution with immorality by quoting a popular song: "You and me, baby, ain't
    nothing but mammals, so let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel."

    The essay is titled "Evolution and Immorality: Is Sin Darwin's Fault?"
    The URL is:
    http://members.aol.com/steamdoc/writings/mammal.html
    Of course constructive criticism or other discussion is welcomed.

    Dr. Allan H. Harvey, Boulder, Colorado | SteamDoc@aol.com
    "Any opinions expressed here are mine, and should not be
     attributed to my employer, my wife, or my cats"