Re: Comments/Questions re Phylum level evolution

From: David F Siemens (dfsiemensjr@juno.com)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 19:46:06 EDT

    Bob.
    Looking over your message suggests to me that you are looking for a
    one-size-fits-all explanation. I noted an explanation that I did not
    expect in Science, 21 July, pp. 441ff and 369f. The preferred food plants
    have produced different beaks in males and females of a species of
    hummingbirds. I doubt that run of the mill explanations can be bent to
    fit this one.

    T'other Dave