Re: [Fwd: Re: Baptism: Immersion or Sprinkling?]

From: Wendee Holtcamp (wendee@greendzn.com)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 11:00:30 EST

    >> Perhaps you could elighten us with a list of babies baptized in the new
    >> testament. Bert M

    Acts 2:38 -- Peter replied, repent and be baptized, every one of you, in
    the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will
    receive the gift of the Holy Spirit . ***The promise is for you and your
    children and for all who are far off - for all whom the Lord our God will
    call.

    Acts 16:15 -- When she [Lydia] and the members of her household were
    baptized, she invited us to her home.

    Acts 16:33 -- At that hour of the night the jailer took them and washed
    their wounds; then immediately he and all his family were baptized.

    1 Cor 1:16 -- Yes I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that I
    don't remember if I baptized anyone else.

    [Paul is writing this to the Corinthians because instead of saying they
    follow Jesus, some are saying they follow Paul, some follow Apollos etc. So
    he is saying he is glad he didn't baptize many other than the above
    household and a few others so people can't say they follow him - he wants
    them to follow Jesus only! But regardless, he also claims to have baptized
    the whole household of Stephanas. Barring evidence to the contrary, I'd
    assume that includes children]