Re: DNA Information and evolution...

From: David Campbell (bivalve@mailserv0.isis.unc.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 09:46:45 EST

    > Even the evolutionary magazine Scientific American once ran
    >an article pointedly poking at evolutionary theorists to integrate the
    >reality of the Cambrian explosion into the theory.

    I have encountered over half a dozen evolutionary explanations for the
    Cambrian explosion. Also, Gould overestimated the size of it, as many of
    the strange things turn out to fit into categories upon further study. I
    sort of feel it serves him right that his attempt to overemphasize the role
    of "chance" has been taken as evidence for design, but both neglect the
    current evidence.