Re: Physical constants

From: Adam Crowl (qraal@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 15:32:26 EST

    Hi ASA

    I wrote initially in Jim's defense but Glenn informed me that Lambert
    Dolphin's site was a hot-house for Setterfieldites...

    >From: James W Stark <stark2301@voyager.net>
    >To: Massie <mrlab@ix.netcom.com>
    >CC: <asa@calvin.edu>
    >Subject: Re: Physical constants
    >Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 10:27:24 -0500
    >

    > > From: Massie <mrlab@ix.netcom.com>
    > > Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 00:14:28 -0500
    > > To: asa@calvin.edu
    > > Subject: Physical constants

    For starters read John D. Barrow's article in New
    >Scientist, 24 July 1999 at
    >
    >http://www.newscientist.com/ns/19990724/isnothings.html

    I did and if you read it openly you would notice some very strong evidence
    for constant lightspeed since the decoupling of matter and photons some 300
    kyrs after the Big Bang. Anything more recent has NO evidence beyond what
    Setterfield has concocted.

    >Then read Speed of Light Slowing Down by Chuck Missler at
    >
    >http://ldolphin.org/speedo.html
    >
    >Personally, I take an agnostic but open position. The status quo needs to
    >change. It is too set in its dogmatic claims. This is a problem in science
    >as well as religion.
    >Jim Stark

    I agree, to an extent. But some things in science are very well established
    because they have survived every experiment thrown at them and are all
    pervavsive in application... quantum mechanics for one, special relativity
    in particle physics for another.

    Unless something a whole lot more radical is revealed my agnosticism
    requires me to be skeptically agnostic towards any claimed overturn of the
    current order.

    Adam