Re: concordism/time

From: James W Stark (stark2301@voyager.net)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 14:11:32 EST

    ----------
    >From: Massie <mrlab@ix.netcom.com>
    >To: James W Stark <stark2301@voyager.net>
    >Subject: Re: concordism/time
    >Date: Tue, Jan 11, 2000, 11:33 AM
    >

    > James W Stark wrote:
    >>
    >> ----------
    >> >From: Massie <mrlab@ix.netcom.com>
    >> >To: Dick Fischer <dfischer@mnsinc.com>
    >> >Subject: Re: concordism/time
    >> >Date: Mon, Jan 10, 2000, 10:54 PM

    >> Dick, the Big Bang theory is based on equations that assume projection into
    >> the past. When the density is allowed to approach infinity time does not
    >> become zero. I recall that it was 10 to the minus 42 second. This historical
    >> estimate is totally dependent on the assumption of mathematical regression
    >> into the past. The results are useful for further research but we can not
    >> presume to extend this working model to reality. That is a philosophical
    >> task that requires much discussion and removal of logical conflicts.
    >> Consequently, this theory establishes only circumstantial evidence, whose
    >> use depends on our personal worldviews.
    >>
    >> > ***************
    >> >
    >> > Further, according to the General Theory of Relativity, time and space
    >> > had to have a beginning.
    >>
    >> Bert, science can not "prove" a beginning of anything. What do you see in
    >> that theory that supports a belief that time had to have a beginning?
    >> Examine its equations and assumptions carefully. It also assumes that the
    >> speed of light has always been the same. However, evidence is gathering
    >> that it may have been much faster in the past.
    >>
    >> > If we acc ept both Gen 1:1 and GTR, then it
    >> > makes good reason to understand t=0 as "In the beginning God created
    >> > space-time...." Bert M.
    >>
    >> It all comes down to a question of faith in fundamental assumptions. An
    >> assumption of a beginning for time will require much philosophical
    >> examination to minimize internal conflicts in our personal worldviews.
    >> I have found nothing in science or the Bible that establishes with much
    >> logical force that there was a beginning for time. It can be a useful
    >> assumption, if one chooses to use it. I find that it creates too many
    >> additional conflicts in my personal worldview, but I remain open to
    >> questioning that assumption. Thanks for the feedback.
    >>
    >> Jim Stark
    >>

    > **********
    >
    > Evidence is not amassing that time was faster in the beginning.

    Oops, you (Massie) misread what I said. I said the speed of light, not
    time. check out Lambert's Library at http://www.ldolphin.org/asstbib.shtml.

    For time to go faster we can predict it with a simple equation that Einstein
    wrote, but that is pure speculation that can not be tested. It is only an
    assumption that that equation is valid for speeds close to that of light.
    Equations can not promise truth. -Unless you assume that every equation does
    so. We can use equations to structure any concept we want, but its validity
    as truth has to be tested. The domain of validity for an equation depends on
    controlled research. Extrapolating a model beyond that domain is pure
    speculation that must be tested before we should label it as truth. Dilation
    of time is pure speculation.

    > The space-time therom of general relatively forces a begining to time
    > and has driven Hawkings to posit such lunacy as is evidenced in "A Breif
    > History of Time" to avoid a beginning.
    >
    > Bert M

     I do not see the forced logic that you seem to be pointing to. Can you give
    me a reference? Perhaps I pointed at it with my comment above.