Re: Exceptional Measures

From: Vernon Jenkins (vernon.jenkins@virgin.net)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 16:13:36 EST

    George:

    My NT references speak of Christ as 'propitiatory', or 'mercy seat'. The
    ratio 3:5 arises from the description of that item of tabernacle
    furniture given in Ex.25:17 - this being seen to match, precisely, the
    ratio, Name:Title, as rendered in the Greek, nominative case.

    The matter of 296 is a separate issue: as HCF of both Name and Title,
    and gematrial value of 'h'ertz' ('the earth'), it echoes another truth
    concerning the Lord, viz that he is indeed God Incarnate.

    Are you not prepared to admit that these correspondences are remarkable?
    Would you really be happy to see them 'swept under the carpet'?

    Shalom!

    Vernon