Re: Something must change

bjmcarth@pacbell.net
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 23:06:54 -0700

Edward B. Allen wrote:

> It is interesting to note that the positive impact that the scriptures
> have had in the many cultures for which it has been translated. God
> seems to find a way to communicate the essence of the gospel in spite of
> cultural biases and our lack of understanding in various areas.

It IS interesting to note that the Bible has had such an impact in so
many non-western cultures, in spite of the fact that the translations
are made by mortal, imperfect human beings.

It is even more interesting that, having been translated into all these
different languages, the *stories* themselves have NOT changed. ADAM
and EVE are still there, so is Noah and Jonah. And, in most cases, the
new believers in these different cultures accept these stories the same
way *mainstream* christianity accepts them. As historical.