Re: love vs. intellectual study/WAS swallowing mercury

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 20:56:48 -0500

At 11:05 PM 8/9/98 -0500, Wendee HOLTCAMP wrote:
> I'm sure God will be much more impressed by the amount of
>love we all show our families, our friends, and strangers than he will for
>us to be able to accurately be able to explain to him the way He put the
>universe together and how it operates.

We are indeed to love one another. But for those like me, in the
geosciences, I find that atheism is rampant largely because of the
inability of the geological data to be placed into a Biblical perspective.
My former boss, an atheist, told me flatly, that he is an atheist because
there is no evidence that anything in early Genesis is true.
glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood