Re: Miracles?

Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@UNCWIL.EDU)
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 10:25:22 -0500 (EST)

At 02:52 AM 3/18/98 -0500, John Neal wrote:
>Miracles are works of power. If you think these are special as miracles,
>think about the Red Sea. Now, that's a miracle. As far as this:
>
>>> "I think you multiply your problems by saying, well, investigate
>>>miracles. If you do, and find a perfectly reasonable natural
>>>explanation, then you are up a creek[,]"
>
>if you find a "perfectly reasonable natural explanation" for a miracle, then
>it is you who are up a creek. If God shows you a miracle right to your face
>and you don't believe it, woe unto you.

Dear John,

God sustains the creation by His power a creation which we describe with our
laws. Miracles are always performed in the physical realm, but cannot be
worked backwards in time towards the real cause. Our theories allows us to
work forward in time when we make predictions. I suppose if God were to
perform a miracle in front of us, it will appear remarkably close to what
magicians pretend to be doing.

Take care,

Moorad