Christian psychiatrists

Brian T. Greuel (bgreuel@acc.jbu.edu)
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 09:13:00 GMT-5

At 05:27 PM 3/1/98 -0600, Scott A. Oakman wrote:

> >ASAers--
> >
> >Does anyone out there know of someone (or know someone who knows
> someone...) who
> >is an MD **psychiatrist**, preferably in an academic setting, and also a
> >committed Christian?
> >
> >This is a path I'm strongly considering as I finish my MD, and I'd really love
> >to correspond with someone who has trod the road ahead of me...
> >
> >Thanks.
> >
> >Scott Oakman

Moorad Alexanian replied:

> Dear Scott,
>
> How about Dr. James C. Dobson of Focus on the Family.
>
> Take care,
>
> Moorad

As I recall, Dr. James C. Dobson has a Ph.D. in clinical psychology. He is not
an M.D. or a psychiatrist. The names of Christian psychiatrists that come to
my mind, however, are Minirth and Meier. They have a clinic in the Dallas
area, I believe, and I think also in other parts of the country. They are the
authors of a few different books and are occasionally guests on the Focus on
the Family broadcast. Another name I thought of is Gary Smalley, but I am not
absolutely sure he is a psychiatrist.

Hope this helps,

Brian
Brian T. Greuel, Ph.D.