Re: disadvantages

Bill Hamilton (hamilton@predator.cs.gmr.com)
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 16:25:02 -0500

Wil Milan wrote

>Paul Arveson wrote:
>>
>> {
>> Um, I wish that we would not use so many specialized acronyms such
>> as PC, EC, and ID. There are some newcomers lurking out there.
>> }
>
>I second that. I am not a newcomer to these issues, but I am a relative
>newcomer to this reflector, and in all the reading I've done over the
>years I've never seen some of these acronyms. I've figured out that YEC
>must mean Young Earth Creationist and TE must mean Theistic Evolution,
>but I'm still trying to figure out EC and ID. If the purpose of this
>list is to discuss and communicate ideas, I'd plead that use of private
>acronyms is not helpful toward that end.

I have been an acronym-hater all my life, but I probably still indulge. I
would rather we avoid acronyms, but realistically that wouldn't be
universally observed. Perhaps we ought to put a glossary on our web page.

In any case

YEC = Young Earth Creationist
PC = Progressive Preationist
EC = Evolutionary Creationist
ID = Intelligent Design
TE = Theistic Evolutionist

Bill Hamilton
William E. Hamilton, Jr, Ph.D. | Staff Research Engineer
Chassis and Vehicle Systems | General Motors R&D Center | Warren, MI
William_E._Hamilton@notes.gmr.com
810 986 1474 (voice) | 810 986 3003 (FAX) | whamilto@mich.com (home email)